Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Baking It With Some Effort

Some say that baking takes plenty of skills. You may get it wrongly done on the first try or perhaps you will get it right? All depends on the luck sometimes too. My dear has plenty of experience in baking thanks to her household. They've done so many bakings, I think they've lost count of how much they've baked and what are the cookies and cakes that they've created. Never the less, it was such an honour to have her being at my side this time around to guide me while we tried our best to make the first cake a successful one.

As the weekends were rather long, we've decided to try ourselves to bake a cake and the direction took us to go shopping at the Cold Storage at Island Plaza. With a shopping list in mind, we've quickly grabbed what we needed, headed straight for home and get into the baking. It's not easy. You will need water, eggs, butter, chocolate chips (for garnishing) and of course... the essential item of all...

The Pillsbury Cake Mix. YES! We're cheating and this is the best way of making a cake without having to go through the effort of measuring the right amount of sugar and flour that is needed to make one.

Mix all together into one big bowl and stir in one direction. She told me to keep stiring on a single direction and I started the other way around when I took over. With so much troubles I've caused, she gave me an earful and took back the mix. Hehe!

The mix will then go into a baking pan. Off it goes into a pre-heated oven that's over 180 celcius.

It bakes rather slow as it takes about an hour for it completely bake. We kept pulling the pan in and out of the oven because we wanted to garnish the cake with the chocolate chips that we've bought, no wonder it took THAT long.

And the wait... it's agonizingly long. Trust me! It is! I had to cool myself down over a can of drinks while sitting in front of the hot oven. The sound of the oven beeping calling for us that it's done is so sweet that inside my heart, I'm jumping with joy (of course I don't jump all over the kitchen when it's done).

And here it is... the CAKE! We call it the "Vanilla Butter Chocolate Chips Cake". Mind the long name. This is what it really tastes when you put it into the mouth.

A picture of myself and the MASTER chef who has thought me a handful. Will try it again in the near future as this round, we've successfully baked a fluffy and delicious cake! She asked "How was it overall?" and my answer to her was with an eye-brow raised "SYIOK!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment