Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

A Movie That I've Seen Twice

It has been a while ever since I blogged of a movie that I've watched. And with summer's finally here, the United States cinema industry has been extremely busy and buzzing. There's just so many summer must watch movies starting with Terminator Salvation to kick things off which starring Christian Bale... I missed out on this one because I didn't think it's a must watch summer movie for me although there's just so many buzzing about this movie in the first place. I did watch something exciting recently and this movie really takes the kick.

Name: Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen
Language: English
Date of release: 22nd June 2009 (USA)
Director: Michael Bay
Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, John Turturo

The story basically tells about Sam where he has done his best to put the conflict at Mission City behind him and return to his daily routine, Sam is still an average teenager with everyday anxieties about heading to college, leaving behind his girlfriend Mikaela, his parents and his guardian, Bumblebee; for the very first time. Just as life is about to fall neatly into place at Sam’s new school, once again Sam finds himself at the center of a tug of war between the Autobots and Decepticons with the fate of the universe at stake. Unbeknownst to Sam, he alone holds the key to the outcome of the struggle between evil and the ultimate power of good. With the help of his friends, his pals in NEST and even his parents, Sam finally learns to embrace the Witwicky birthright, no longer hiding from his family legacy: No sacrifice, no victory!

Now I believe that everyone must have watched the first one before heading to the cinemas to watch the second chapter of the movie. I have always admired the movies that was directed by Michael Bay. No one can do the movies any better than him and I was awed by his movies ever since he made big movies such as Amargeddon in 1998 and Pearl Harbour in 2001. When you watch these movies again and again and you won't say that the movie are getting boring. Although the cling clang's heavy armour fighting between Autobots and Decepticons remained as the main core, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox shows that they are indeed a real couple in the movie which were adored by many and John Turturo's funnies proves that this movie is not all about intense fighting. Michael Bay made many highlights of the mighty the United States military, showing its prowess, and not to mention even the newly elected President Obama did came to light showing the movie is very up to date with its current world.

If you were up for a movie blockbuster for this summer, you wouldn't want to miss this sequel of Transformers. For me, it seems like there's no flaw in the movie as it picks up from the last one and every plot are well narrated by Michael Bay. Some say that the movie are too draggy and some say the first one offers more plot than the second. To me, the second one offers more story line and action than the first. I'd even throw myself into the cinema twice to watch this movie (once with my dear and another with my dad) and it never gets dull, every second of it. I wanted more and I can't wait for the third installation of this movie which rumours has it, should be either by 2011 or 2012. Fingers crossed.

Rating: 9.5 out of 10 stars

I've included the trailer on this posting for those who has yet to watch this movie, you certainly have no idea what you have been missing out on. And those who snubs this movie, I think you have been under-rated yourselves with a D class movie buff goer.

I think I have gone head over heels on this movie that I've even got myself the latest release of Transformers toys by Hasbro. Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Sorry guys for not taking pictures of the transformed mode of the models. I was kinda lazy to get it transformed as it requires some time to do so. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment