Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Drag Me To Hell???

It's the weekends again and each every weekends there are sure plenty of things that takes place. But not really for the last weekend and this time, I've had a little movie day with my dear and my colleagues (Soo Bing, Angelyn, Cheah, Amy and Hafifi). They have chosen a rather awkward movie to watch on a very dull Saturday. We gathered at Queensbay GSC cinema to watch...

Name: Drag Me To Hell
Language: English
Date of release: 15th March 2009 (USA)
Director: Sam Raimi
Starring: Alison Lohman, Dileep Rao, Justin Long

The story basically tells about Christine Brown, an ambitious L.A. loan officer with a charming boyfriend, professor Clay Dalton. Life is good until the mysterious Mrs. Ganush, arrives at the bank to beg for an extension on her home loan. Christine must follow her instincts whether to give the old woman a break or should she deny the extension to impress her boss, Mr. Jacks; to gain on a promotion. Christine fatefully chooses the latter, shaming Mrs. Ganush and dispossessing her of her home. In retaliation, the old woman places the powerful curse of the Lamia on Christine, transforming her life into a living hell. Haunted by an evil spirit and misunderstood by a skeptical boyfriend, she seeks the aid of seer Rham Jas to save her soul from eternal damnation. To help the shattered Christine return her life to normal, the psychic sets her on a frantic course to reverse the spell.

What can I review about this movie are based on my dear's perspective; every scary movie always comes silently, and then either a loud scream or something would appear out of no where, and it always happens during the dark. I too agrees on what she said. It's like you know what's coming from a roller coaster ride. What I could recall about this director filming a horror movie was from the movie "The Grudge" that I watched back in 2003. Really brings out the scaring elements out in the movie although many claimed that the Japanese version were much more horrifying. Anyway, I thought this movie would be on par with The Grudge, but I was wrong; it was no where near that standard.

The computer graphics on the old lady is so poor, I felt ticklish down on my spine. The movie also offers a lot of Christine kissing the old lady and things were stuck into the mouth or coming out of it, I wonder what's with all the mouths!? There are more very childish stuff regarding this movie that I don't think it's even worth mentioning. The sound effects were so loud, the next thing that I could hear was a ringing sound after all the loud scenes finishes. The only thing that I was giving the thumbs up was the Lamia curse where I eventually think it did tells the story about how the curse torments its prey until the 3rd day. Overall this movie is really not the horror movie to watch if you are up for a scare. Like my dear says, it's just too predictable. Another horror movie that went so wrong.

Rating: 3 out of 10 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment