Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Georgetown Cafe

This was overdue and the event took place before Christmas back in December 2009. I've just been digging up my picture folder and found all these pictures left unposted. I guess it's about time for me to give this place a review. It all started with Dad looking for something yummy again as usual and I couldn't help myself but to recommend him to go and try the Georgetown Cafe that is situated in Komtar ground floor.

The reason why I recommend my Dad to this place is because they serve great drinks and food that you can find on the streets of Penang. What is the difference? Well, the difference between the streets and this place are you get it with air-conditioned and a cozy place to eat. However the service is a bit poor (because they hired a bunch of foreign workers) but all of those doesn't really matter... it's the food!!!

A sneak peek into the menu.

The ambience around the cafe...

It really brings out the old and historic Penang look that this island carries.

Our long list of food that we've ordered.

The creamy and spicy Penang Curry Mee!

The all time famous and yummy Penang Char Koay Teow.

The very zesty Jawa Mee.

A heartful of nuggets.

Kampung Style Fried Rice.

The nutty and fruitful Penang Rojak.

And of course, the all time favourites Kaya Butter Toast.

Dad's rather eager to get it spread and be off with it. Lols!

A glass of Honey Lemon Juice anyone?

The damage for this place isn't as bad as everyone thought. The price was rather reasonable. This place has a better edge than them in terms of the food that matches what you can possibly get outside on the streets... only that the serving is much larger than some stalls out there. Comparing to Old Town, I wonder why this place receives a negative profile when mentioned. All you could hear about this place is that it's a copycat of Old Town. Well, it is not and you got to try it to see the difference. I'm giving this place I'm giving this place a rating of 7 out of 10 as their service requires much more improvement although the food has been top notch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment