Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

That Little Wine Bar

After a good long absence from my blog, I've finally made up my mind to write my blog again. Whenever I came to look at my blog, I felt sorry for it that I've been total slack and lazy to write. What goals I have made in the beginning of the year about posting more blog posting here is simply rubbish if I don't start writing it again.

To start off with the things that I have missed out, I would like to introduce a new place that I've discovered with my family lately. It's called the That Little Wine Bar.

It is situated at 54, Jalan Chow Thye. If you do not know where it is, the place is located behind the Gleneagles Medical Center. For those who really knows how to enjoys wine tasting and the scene of wine drinking environment, this is the place I would really recommend.

Please take note that this place is NOT OPEN on Sundays and do call in to make table reservations on the weekends. It does not guarantee a place if you walk in.

Most of the customers that visited the place looked rather informal, relaxed and indulged in good food and great wines that's hand picked by the chef himself. The chef has received a few awards for his participation in events that made him one of the well known chefs that's available in Penang. According to my sister, Chef Tommes was previously based in Shanghai and my sister did ask him the reason why he came to Penang? His answer was pretty simple... "So that I could see the sky". He made a pretty good point... Hmm!

The atmosphere around the restaurant is very cozy and what I liked about the place is that it offers relaxed environment to the visiting patrons. Even the waiters are very attentive and friendly, giving good advice about the choices of wine or food that you might want to try.

The wine cellar is located in the middle of the building where you can take a look on the variety of wines that they have to offer there.

I made 2 visits to that place so far and tasted a variety of wine that they have to offer. The house will recommend the Torres Viña Esmeralda from Spain, which is a fruity, fresh and lively white wine that you will truly enjoy. I enjoyed this wine as it's very fresh and crisp. We've also ordered Viña Sol from Spain and Welschriesling Selection from Austria over the course of 2 visits. None the less, I've enjoyed the Torres Viña the most.

For the food, the variety that the restaurant has to offer is never a let down. Although the price may be a bit shocking and the portion maybe small, but if you offer your mouth to taste the food the chef have personally created, I can tell you that every little penny that you spend for it is well worth it.

My personal favourite, the 3 Salmon Tartare which consists of smoked, poached and fresh salmon.

The Ham and Mushroom Pizza.

Seno di Pollo, known as the rolled chicken breast with spinach and parmesan stuffing.

The Black and White Sesame Seared Tuna.

Salade Nicoise which consists tuna, boiled egg, potato, cherry tomato and a generous lot of lettuce.

The all time traditional French Onion Soup served with baked cheese croustillades.

The Duck breast à l'orange.

The Croque Monsieur. Packed with Ham, grilled cheese in sourdough bread.

For desserts, you have got to try the Warm Apple Filo Pillow. It's Apple Pillows served with macadamia ice cream. It totally melts me off.

I guess I don't have to say much of the New York Cheesecake.

And the deliciously light and airy Chocolate Cake.

I'm giving this place a rating of 9 out of 10. Great food. Great wine. Great atmosphere. Great service. A bit pricey but for all the greatness that I mentioned, it's every penny well spent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment