Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant

This Taiwanese restaurant was introduced by Chuah Hui Koon, who has been a frequent visitor into KL. She loved the city so much that she's rather updated with the city in and out better than those who are staying in KL itself. When she heard of that I am making a stopover in KL and where I was staying, her eyes "Bling-ed!" and without hesitation... she introduced me to this restaurant which she thinks its really nice to eat.

Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant (Tel: 03 2282 8699) is located on 3rd floor of the The Gardens shopping mall Midvalley, its just opposite Borders Bookstores. You won't miss a huge crowd waiting outside for their turn to have a taste of what the restaurant has to offer. So... the very first thought that cross my mind was "Isn't it's just another typical taiwanese restaurant?" I was wrong!

This restaurant has already made its mark in KL for quite a while now and the very first store was actually opened in Plaza Prisma Ville in Desa Sri Hartamas (Tel: 03 6201 7998). Now the one opened here in The Gardens aren't as bad as the one opened in Sri Hartamas, so you can take note the crowd gathered outside actually meant that this place is really worth the try. A full house on the evening that me and my dear went. Let me give you a quick tour of what's being served inside instead of all these chattering.

The list of yummies that we've ordered.

They call this the Sweet Potato Balls.My eyes were actually plastered to it when I looked at the picture that was shown on the menu but it turns out to be nothing much a very gluey, hard to chew potato ball. A disappointment... so I won't be ordering this again in the future.

Instead, the Fried Spinach looks more tastier than the Sweet Potato Balls when served.

The Deep Fried Chicken Taiwan Style is super nice and it tastes awesome. It's a must try!

My dear presents her dinner set... the Fresh Tomato Fried Egg with Fish Fillet. It looks awkward at first because the tomato sauce is really icky but when you put it into your mouth, it tastes heavenly.

One of the normal dishes Spring Roll. Oh! For those who still don't get how the meals were distributed, I was actually ordering all the smaller dishes as I was not in the mood to order set meals like my dear did that night. She didn't manage to finish her dinner either, so I had to push myself to help her finish it off in the end.

Me with the Iced Lime Juice... tastes really sour and its really refreshing. I like it! Definitely!

And the Pudding Milk Tea's for my dear. The milk tea tastes different from the normal tea that we drank at Kim Gary. Most probably its the caramel pudding that was added into the tea that makes it tastes differently.

My dear really likes her cup of milk tea.

Overall, this Taiwanese Restaurant is really worth another visit in the nearby future as the food tastes really good and the damage for the order was around RM60++. So if you happen to be dropping into The Gardens Shopping Mall and looking for a meal, you may consider this one for a start. I'm giving this place a rating 8.5 out of 10. A happy meal for a happy person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment