Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Our Little KL Trip

Kuala Lumpur... a city filled with high crime rate, bad traffic and people (every single corner you go, there's people although its not as bad as New York City or Tokyo), it is still THE capital city of Malaysia. My dear loved to shop in KL, as for me... going to KL is always a bad idea. I don't know my way around, there's so many highway's flying all over the places which requires money and the air quality can suffocate you almost instantly during peak hours.

It's not that I don't like KL, I have no grudge against the city. I had no choice but I had to pop into KL once more as we are headed north after a short visit to JB. The drive was smooth until we reach the Bukit Jalil Stadium area where it starts to get a bit crowded on the road with hooligans. Yes! Hooligans! Kelantan vs Negeri Sembilan for the Malaysia Cup finals. Plenty of psychos and nutjobs on the road.

We stayed over at the Boulevard Midvalley. It's our first and I guess it won't be the last. That's because the friendly concierge checked us in to the executive level. WOW! Talking about of good services for new customers. The room was rather spacious. The table were filled with 2 bottle of water and apples. Yes! Apples. Free of charge. Bathroom came with a bathtub and a shower. Me and my dear dipped our sore feet in the tub filled with hot water after a day of driving and walking.

We've had plenty of walking around Midvalley and also to the brand new shopping area called The Gardens. It's brand new to me as I have never been there before. With so many feedback that the place is a high class place where all branded stuffs are being sold, I had to see it for myself to see to what extend for this place to be called expensive. Can it be compared with The Pavillion?


The interior structure of the building is rather long but the decorating is really nice especially at night where you could see the ceiling is lit with blue lighting. The Gardens didn't offer that much of branded goods and I guess the crowds are only hording all over Coach store than any other stores that's available there.

We had our dinner at Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant... which will be covered on the next post.

After dinner we continued to stroll around The Gardens.... and my dear can't hold herself back from taking a poke at this dogs nose.

One of the most ridiculous thing that I've noticed at The Gardens is that you need to pay RM5 to use this so called Premier Washroom. I know I won't be going in there because with RM5, I can have a good lunch with it.

We took turns in posing in front of the fountain which looked really nice at night.

And of course we did go around the shopping area around Midvalley itself.

Hang on! I did! I did get something from Kiehls... a body scrub. Haha!

The stuffs that we bought on that night.

The following day, I've got to hunt down Krispy Kreme's doughnuts before we head home.

The doughnuts were simply irresistable. Dead honest! And guess what? We bought 1 and a half dozen back to Penang.

My dear presents the buyoff from the shop.

The trip was very short and sweet. We did stop over in KLCC before we eventually head back to Penang on that very same day. KL is fun when you made a short stop but you can't stay for too long because... you tend to overspend and KL is not that cheap either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment