Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

From Penang To Hong Kong (Day 1)

Waking up early in the morning is not an ordeal anybody wants to do on their first day of trip. I barely had any sleep (I slept at 2am) the night before my flight day, plus the little cold (flu-ish and coughing) that I have been plugging myself with lots of vitamin C and cough mixture, it's not a pretty sight looking at myself in the mirror in the morning. So I have to drag myself out of bed, into the bathroom to brush my teeth, scared myself for looking like 'Kiam Chai' (preserved vegetable) and accidentally turned on the cold water in the shower, which wakes me up for good!

Flight CX692, Hong Kong bound leaves Penang International Airport at 8.20am, 10 minutes late. The flight overall is rather smooth.

I opened up the inflight magazine to see what movies are available and I saw they are showing Ip Man. My happiness didn't last long as the movie only is showing on flights heading out of Hong Kong. So I watched the movie Marley & Me on my flight to Hong Kong (not much selection of movies for inbound flights).

I was presented with the menu to indicate what's being served for breakfast. Food sucks or perhaps the morning appetite ruins whatever is being served?

The fruit platter though is extremely pleasant and sweet.

I happened to meet my secondary school classmate, Christmen Cheung Shih Shen on the plane. He was heading to San Francisco to meet up with his wife who also happens to be my schoolmate and also ex-colleague. His first long haul flight to the United States and I gave him a few hints about Hong Kong airport when we arrived. Mom helped us to take a picture together before we parted. Our flight landed into Hong Kong at 11.45am and by the time I reach home, it's almost 1.30pm. Dad hauled me and my mom out to go and have lunch.

Vietnamese food, within walking distance from home. Pho Hoa Noodle Soup restaurant is located at 23-2 Prat Avenue in Tsim Sha Tsui. I ordered Vermicelli with Pork Chop marinated in Lemon Grass. Tastes awesome! Dad also ordered Prawn Cakes to share. The food is alright, I give this place a rating of 8 out of 10. The restaurant were quite pack with office employees when we reached there and by the time we are halfway through our meal, the crowd left, I guess lunch hours are over eh? So after lunch, we took a stroll a bit while I managed to get a few magazines for myself. Once we reach home, I had a shower and then collapsed into bed to have some shut eye for a few hours. By the time I wake up, its already 6pm!

Off we go again, headed off to Festival Walk over in Kowloon Tong to have our dinner. A few pictures taken along the way on the streets of Kowloon as I ride on my dad's car.

I managed to take a picture of myself looking pretty silly there. After a quick dinner, we hauled our asses back to Tsim Sha Tsui again just to get my very new toy!

My Sony Vaio VGN SR35G. Purchased from Tsim Sha Tsui's Fortress after searching through a few outlets and a few phone calls made by myself, this baby is rather hard to find. This will be my work station for the next 9 days while I am in Japan to post my updates here if possible. I will try to work as hard as possible to bring in updates of my whereabouts and what have I being up to on this blog.

To end this posting, Hong Kong wishes to say goodnight to my fellow readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment