Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Staying In On Rainy Days

It's the monsoon months again where rain do came crashing to earth more frequent these days. As you know that during these rainy days you will want to avoid going out because of the massive jams that can be created because of sudden floods or perhaps because of the unsafe condition of the roads, I've decided to stay in.

As you can see on the picture which was taken at the balcony, you could see from a distance that heavy rain is coming, accompanied by strong gusty winds. So... what would I do when I stayed home after work during the rainy evenings then? I guess the word "BEING LAZY" suits me best because I had became extremely tired of going out to look for dinner. Having to go out looking for dinner every single night is a tiring ordeal. By being that lazy, I had to go and look in the cabinet what's there to eat. Look what I found.

A can of Campbell's Chunky, Hearty & Filling Roast Chicken & Vegetable soup! Sounds a bit too long for a name. My first experience with this can of soup came when I was in the United States for my work back in 2005. Back then, these babies are packed in microwavable plastic containers where all you need to do is to pop it into the microwave; give it 2 minutes of reheat; and it's good to eat. And what's being sold here in Malaysia (you can get this deliciously yummy soup at Cold Storage) are a bit different, perhaps it needs to be packed and sold in cans rather than plastic containers. What surprises me the most is this... it's made in Australia! I've never seen this soup in Australia when I was studying, probably I've missed out on it.

So what's packed in this little can of soup?

What I did is to pull out a pot, and empty the can of soup into the pot. Fill up at least 1/4 cup of the can with warm water (now you won't want to use tap water because this soup is pre-cooked, so it's best to use cooked water) and mix it into the soup. Turn on the fire on the cooking stove, remember to let it boil on low fire, we are not deep frying so we don't need a high volume of fire on the stove. Make sure to stir while boiling to get an even taste of the soup that's mixed with water. Top it off with some ground pepper once it's done and Voila!! A bowl hot soup on a rainy day.

Now don't be surprised what's really in store once you scooped the soup. You get chunks of meat with potato, carrots, celery and peas! Trust me, it's worth the wallet.

Capping it off with some bread spreading with butter, and with my trusty I-pod filled with unwatched movies, now that's a pretty good rainy night in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment