Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Saturday Night Out

Another weekend came and gone just like that. What can I really say about the weekends other than "It's another boring weekend!" Dang it! What am I suppose to do anyway other than the daily routine of cleaning up my own room, watch some TV, catch up with some sleep or perhaps indulge myself for hours building Gundams. If not, my entire weekend will go to bust as there's nothing for me to even write about. I led a boring, unattractive life... I need help to transform my weekends from sucking dull to interestingly attractive one.

Mom came back from Hong Kong on Saturday night along with my little brother and Cindy. They went for a shopping spree there and guess what? Cindy bought half a dozen pair of shoes and sandals for herself!!! The power of a woman shopping in Hong Kong! The buying power is really huge! **sweat** So after fetching them from the airport in the evening (Cathay Pacific flies from Hong Kong to Penang once a day only), time to go look for dinner. As it was pouring out there, we need to find somewhere that no one gets wet that easily. We resolved to having Chinese food for dinner at the Crystal Jade Restaurant, Crystal Point, Bayan Baru.


As mom and the rest are selecting dishes for dinner, I've managed to do a few picture snapping of naughty little Marcus (my nephew). He loves to make faces when being asked to do so. My very naughty little nephew indeed. Hehe!

What we had for dinner... ahem! Let me introduce you to the claypot Tofu with mixed vegetable.

Steamed fish in claypot seasoned with soya sauce (recommended by sister, I can't really taste the significance between a normal steam fish and this one).

Stir fried Bak Choy with garlic.

My personal favourite, sweet and sour pork!

Mom suggested that we order dessert after dinner and so we did! First off, chinese style pancake.

Red bean soup with dumpling.

Peanut soup with dumpling.

While mom ordered Suet Kap with a dash of ginseng roots.

Overall this place serves rather good chinese food compared to Goh Teo Kee around Sungai Nibong area. Other than Domino's Pizza, Sri Wan Thai Restaurant, Chef & Brew; this cuts the cake if you are looking for something nice to dine with family around Bayan Baru area. I'm giving this place a rating of 7.5 out of 10. Some dishes are pricey but for the money you pay for the air-conditioned restaurant environment, you can't complain. Good services and the food serves up without long wait or delays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment