Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Coming Down Very Hard

I don't know which bastard serves me with unproperly cooked food that results of me getting Salmonella. Yeah! Food poisoning. As explained in Wikipedia, Enteritis Salmonella (e.g., Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Serovar Enteritidis, for short Salmonella enteritidis or Salmonella typhimurium ) cause diarrhoea which usually heals spontaneously and does not require antibiotic treatment. However, people at risk such as infants, small children, the elderly, HIV patients and those with suppressed immunity can become seriously ill (general infections). Sources of infection includes unclean foodstuffs, particularly in institutional kitchens and restaurants and etc. It started rather quickly as I was explaining my Gundam models to Cindy and my mom, then I felt sudden chill across my body and stomach ache. As I sat myself on the toilet, I broke into cold sweat instantly. Something is not right... something is definitely not right. I suspect the food that I take this morning, Dim Sum opposite Umno building must be either not properly cooked or handled uncleanly. Curse you!!


Mom sent me to the clinic to see the doctor. The doctor didn't explain much so he just gave me medication, and of course a one day medical leave because I can feel that I won't be able to work when I need to run to the toilet so frequently. 4 types of medication, ORS for curing dehydration, fever medication, vomit medication and diarrhoea medication.


Fever broke after I return home from the clinic, and vomitted several times as well. Whatever goes in, came out yesterday. I spent my entire day at home sleeping today and trying to break some sweat to ensure the fever quickly goes away. Those were the days where you came down really hard for putting something into the mouth that you don't know if it's properly handled. Now a lesson learned, a place where lots of people eat doesn't mean it's clean and I am one of the few unlucky ones. For the next couple of days, I guess I will have to resolve to Milo and bread as my daily staple until my stomach is doing well again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment