Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Another Bites The Dust

I know its not Monday, I apologise for the delay on the movie reviews. I only managed to catch one movie last weekend and it turns out to be a distasteful one for myself as I spend 2 hours sitting stupidly in front of the TV to watch this so called great "Science Fiction" movie. Nothing beats The Matrix or Star Wars or Back to the Future when it comes down to Science Fiction. What am I refering to?


Name: The Day The Earth Stood Still
Language: English
Date of release: 12th December 2008 (USA)
Director: Scott Derrickson
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly

In this 1951 science fiction classic remake, the story basically tells about an alien traveler, Klaatu , who heads to Earth along with his bodyguard robot, Gort, to deliver a warning of planetary destruction if the people of the world fail to stop laying waste to the environment. As governments and scientists race to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance and began to treat the extraterrestrial as a hostile and deny his request to address the world's leaders, Dr Helen Benson and her estranged stepson Jacob quickly discover the deadly ramifications of Klaatu's claim that he is "a friend to the Earth". Helen must find a way to convince the entity who was sent to destroy us that mankind is worth saving -- but it may be too late.

Okay... enough babbling sypnosis for this movie. When I sit down to watch this movie, the first thing that crosses my mind is "This is going to rock my weekend". It turns out that to be a pure flop! I was warned by my colleagues who had watched this movie earlier, but I didn't heed their advice (Hey! Can't really blame me for being arrogant, different people has different tastes in movies). Throughout the entire movie, my main focus is to unravel the Motorola radio mystery as my colleagues claimed that they saw Motorola upcoming radios fails to work in an Ion Storm created by this giant robot. I didn't manage to catch it, I don't feel like replaying so that I can catch it nor I will ever touch this movie again... ever! What is there to shout about for this movie in the first place? Nothing!! I've wasted another weekend watching another pathetic movie.

Rating: 3 out of 10 stars

1 comments:

ehoo said...

hi dear! I think you should add a chat box here. You can get from a website called cbox. Hehe, visit my blog to see the sample.

Post a Comment