Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Big Apple

Rachel (starred by Jennifer Aniston) quotes "Everyone snacks when they shop" in Season 4 Episode 12 - 'The One with the Embryos' of Friends (which was aired 15th January 1998), I couldn't agree more to what she says. Everyone does snack when they go out shopping... be it a cup of coffee to a very heavy meal (which were supposingly to have a light meal). As for me, I did my own kind of snacking... Donuts!


As you head down to the basement of Gurney Plaza (where all the food shops are allocated), you'll definitely not going to miss the Big Apple Donuts & Coffee shop that is just right at the corner of the car park entrance/exit. Each donut costs RM2. I've told myself to never purchase more than what I can take, so I've decided to purchase a box of 6 for myself, which costs RM11.50. This is not my first visit to the stall and this place definitely has something for me to write about. In I go, it's like picking fruits from a fruit farm (although selecting a variety choice of donuts are way much better than fruits), there's just so many choices to get myself spoilt to.


What's sealed in the box of my selected donuts? Let's take a peek...


Iceberg (Tingling sensation of vanilla cream); Whitnut (Peanut Butter!!! Why nut??); Choreo (Get ready!!! Oreo will knock you off your feet); and Californian Almond (Perfect match between californian almond and white chocolate).

I don't know what choices you may have, but there's sure are a whole lot more variety of donuts to choose from as soon as you step into the shop. Give it a try, you'll definitely love it. No one will say no to a donut. Sorry for those who are not tempted with sugary stuff, you have no idea what you are missing out. Every bite of this donut is simply irresistable and it melts perfectly into your mouth. I can't really explain more but to ask you to try it yourself.


Big Apple Donuts and Coffee were established here in Malaysia in 2nd May 2007, opening its first stall at The Curve. The tag-line "Every Piece is a Masterpiece" showcases a variety of delicious and exciting donuts to all donuts lovers out there. So far, there's a total of 32 stalls opened throughout Malaysia and expected to expand its franchise to the rest South East Asia and Middle East soon. Rating: 7 out of 10. Bravo to the new tastes of donuts but I still love the glazed donuts. Somehow Big Apple doesn't seem to get the recipe right so far. Improvements still required.

0 comments:

Post a Comment