Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Think Before You Do Something On The Road

While I was on my way back home today around 7pm, I got stuck on the Coastal Highway again. Another day on the road... but with an incident for me to talk about right now. Today's traffic was not the worst day to be on the road but there's still congestion as I head from Bayan Lepas Industrial Zone back to town. As the light turns green, everyone will move down the road and merge back to the remaining traffic at some point. From my work place, I'll definitely have to pass at least 3 traffic lights before getting to the highway. After passing the first of the 3 lights, I found myself stuck back into the jam. However, as the front traffic moves, I follow suit...

"VROOMMM!!!" A white modified Proton Wira, suddenly came out of no where at high speed on the left emergency lane. I happened to be on the right lane at that moment so I managed to catch the entire incident with my own eyes. As the car zipped pass a car or two, only to find itself closed down by the traffic and finally a loud breaking screech follows by a loud crash. The white Wira banged into a Perodua Kenari on the left bumper really hard. The impact on the Kenari was so big, it moved the car to the front hitting the next car... a Nissan Sentra. 3 cars involved in the accident as I slowly moved away from the area. I never manage to catch a glimpse of the person who drove the Wira, but it should be a young malay guy. Most of the young malay drivers will normally modify their poor cars into something that doesn't even look like a car.

I just would like to say a few words about how poorly some people will drive on the road...


  • Look at your surroundings before you decide to rev up your speed. Don't be foolish to do so when you have cars all over the place or when you are in the midst of a traffic jam. When you are all clear or other cars seemed to be far enough, I think it'll be reasonable enough for you to do so.

  • There's a reason left/right signal indicators are been put on the vehicle. Use them! I've seen so many people either wanting to make a turn or just to move to another around the road doesn't put on their signal indicators before making their move. Are your hands really that heavy to turn on those indicators?

  • Your car is not an F1 car, so don't be stupid enough to race a car twice the horsepower of your own. If you happens to be driving a Perodua Kancil, if you are thinking to race a BMW 5 series or a Mercedes C230 who just overtook you, don't be foolish. Your car maybe small enough to weave through the roads, imagine if you bang into that car, the damages you will need to pay for their car is more than what you need to pay to the bank monthly for the car installment.

  • A car is a car, not a motorcycle. You don't weave left and right like one. Either you'll bang yourselves into a motorcycle, a car or if you are extremely lucky enough, A TRUCK OR A BUS!

  • Traffic light is where you need to stop when the light is red. Don't be so foolish and be a hero to start passing it when there's no incoming traffic. You maybe lucky not to get bang right now, but once too often, either you end in the hospital or 6 feet under.

  • Drivers behind modified cars are no better than a psychopath behind a wheel. They think that their cars can fly like an airplane after extreme modification, so don't try to do anything stupid with them unless you are capable of doing so.

  • A double line is there so that you are not allowed to run over to other side of the lane. I always like to shout "STICK TO YOUR SIDE OF THE FREAKING ROAD" when I see a driver trying to overtake me on a double line.

  • And of course, drive like how you normally drive on a normal sunny day during the rainy days. You are causing a bad traffic when you decided to drive 40kmph on a 80kmph road. If you can't drive in the rain, ask someone else who's more than willing to do so. Oh! I almost forgot... if you decide to drive slow, do it on the left lane, not the right. Didn't JPJ (Malaysian Road Authority) teach you guys that the left lane is the slow lane? Or perhaps you were sleeping in class? I've seen way too much slow drivers on the right lane these days.
So... please use your head when you drive. Don't do something stupid on the road that may cause a lot more inconvenience to other drivers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment